Saturday, May 18, 2013

Home!

We finally got Dylan's Visa Friday afternoon! The consulate was so nice and so quick about everything. I have to say I was impressed. Paul had decided at 8:00 pm Friday night that we were going to leave the next day at 5:00 am. I said there is no way! We hadn't packed a thing and the kids were getting ready for bed. Luckily there were flights available for Sunday. We leave at 5:00 am and fly to Shanghai. From there to Newark and then to Atlanta. We get into Atlanta at midnight Sunday night. My sister still said she wanted to pick us up from the airport. We are very excited. She was going to go ahead and have the dogs at our house, but I asked her to wait until Monday. Dylan is not an animal lover and I wanted him to meet the dogs after he's had some rest! Lizzy will go back to school on Tuesday and half day Wednesday. Then we have to repack and drive to Illinois for my sister and brother-in-law's custody case. Whew! It will be exciting for Dylan to meet his family, though. I know everyone will adore him! I will be happy to be back home for good, however, after we get back from IL. I then have to pack up my classroom and move it to my new classroom for next year! I am very excited about changing to second grade. It is a GREAT group of teachers and I am ready for some more maturity from the kids.
I will miss some friends that we have made here: Jim, Tammy, and girls and Liz, John, and family. It has really helped to have people here who are experiencing the same thing you are. We still keep in touch with the friends we made in Ukraine. Well, time to finish packing, get the kids out of the tub, and get some sleep. We'll be home soon.

Love,
Candace, Paul, Lizzy, and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment