Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday

We finally decided today that we were going to get Dylan some clothes. We brought a few things we borrowed from Rheannon and brought some shorts. However, not a lot fit without safety pins. We went to the mall today by our hotel. I almost lost it! There were FOUR ladies trying to help us pick things out. I can't stand that. I finally sat back and let Paul handle it because I was about to scream. They also kept calling Dylan a baby. After we left, with some clothes, I told him to tell people he's not a baby. He is five. He nodded. (He told somebody this later in the day!) It was raining today and Dylan was a little stressed out about getting wet. He was happy we had an umbrella. When we got back from shopping, we received a phone call that we were to have our consulate appointment in 45 minutes! We were so excited. They brought in 100 families and did all the paperwork at once. I thought we were going to be there forever, but we were only there for about an hour and a half. At the end we had the swearing in ceremony with everyone together. If I had tearducts, I would've cried :) Some people did. We still have to wait for his Visa, but they think they will have them by tomorrow afternoon. If this is the case, we will try to leave on Saturday or Sunday! We are very relieved. I am a little sad to leave, however. It will be back to cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc. It has been a nice break. I will be happy to be in my own bed, however! This evening we went to Pizza Hut to eat dinner. Pizza is Dylan's favorite food, so we thought we would let him pick tonight since he was officially adopted today. He, Lizzy, and Paul are at the pool now, but I didn't feel like going. I think he may be sad that our house doesn't have a pool! :)  Will write again soon.

Love,
Candace, Paul, Lizzy, and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment