Monday, May 20, 2013

Home!

So after three plane rides and 30 hours later, we are home! We arrived this morning at 12:30. Steph and Rick picked us up at the airport with welcome signs, food, chocolate, and a toy for each kid. It was so sweet. Dylan and Lizzy did awesome the whole trip. The were both tired, but still really good. Dylan couldn't believe the bookshelf with books in his room was for him. He was shocked. Stephanie told him she was bringing the dogs back today and he said no. We'll see how this meeting will go!
I also have to thank Rheannon. Not only did she go grocery shopping for us, but also made a pasta and put it in the fridge for today. I have the best friend, ever! Sweet Jessica kept the two guinea pigs for us! Without her, I am not sure what we would do with them!
When it was bedtime, Lizzy crawled into bed with Dylan so he wouldn't be scared. It was so very sweet! I read them both Brown Bear, Brown Bear before bed. When I got to the dog, Dylan said, "Pa!" which means afraid. I also asked Dylan what he saw and he said pizza :)
I am so excited to be home! The family is still asleep and I am enjoying quiet time. I can't wait to see how Dylan does at home. Not sure what he will think when we pack up and leave again for IL on Wednesday! Oh, well! I am excited to Dylan off to family and friends :) We'll write again and let everyone know how Dylan likes his new home.

Love,
Candace, Paul, Lizzy, and Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment